XDCAM EX Clip Browser does not deliver - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 28th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell Lewis View Post
1) Yes. Use the Clip Browser to copy clips. It's much safer.
Can some expand on this point? We've been doing a simple WindowsXP drag'n'drop for all our BPAV folders from SxS card to either the internal notebook drive or an external drive. No issues to date after hundreds of cards.
Steve Gibbons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 11:07 PM   #17
New Boot

Viewing MXF FIles

I have not been happy with the Viewing of the files using Clip Browser
VLC does a good job.. Then I found SONY XDCAM Viewer PDZ-VX10 Version 2.30..

WOW I think it's a much better viewer. The playback really looks good...Try it you will like it
Well so much for players...
George Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2009, 02:39 AM   #18
Trustee

Just as another note to this topic.

I have been using ClipBrowser to transfer all my clips to hard drive etc. no problem - until now.

When I open any clip (720p) into Premiere CS4 the application hangs for about a minute and then resumes. Add a correction, filter etc. and the same thing happens. I posted a question regarding this on the Matrox RTX2 forum and received this reply.

"How did you get the XDCAM EX files into the system? I had a client with a similar issue, and Adobe recommended that the user directly COPY the folder from the memory card to the computer hard drive. Do NOT use the Sony transfer utility, which does something to the files that Premiere does not like.

Directly copying the XDCAM EX files (entire folder structure) from card to hard drive resolved the issue for our client "

I tried transferring the same clips via windows browser, and presto problem resolved.

Doug, I still can't see any of my clips in Bridge, and I have the latest version of QT pro installed.
Old August 29th, 2009, 07:07 AM   #19
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Oliver View Post
Doug, I still can't see any of my clips in Bridge, and I have the latest version of QT pro installed.
Vincent,
Just to be clear, I use Adobe Bridge for MOV files. I can't view MP4 files.
For MOV browsing it is great! I really could not get along without it.

On a typical project, where I am pulling stock clips from my archives, it literaly saves me hours of editing time by providing a quick way to preview clips before I bring them into my project. I especially like that I can drag a clip straight from Bridge onto my FCP timeline. My only complaint is that I can't see the clip length or most of the metadata within Bridge. I'm hoping Adobe fixes that someday, but I can live with it the way it is.
Old August 29th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #20
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Gibbons View Post
Can some expand on this point? We've been doing a simple WindowsXP drag'n'drop for all our BPAV folders from SxS card to either the internal notebook drive or an external drive. No issues to date after hundreds of cards.
Steve,
There's nothing wrong with moving the entire BPAV folder. If that works for you, keep doing it. It's really no different than moving other data around on your computer.

However, big problems can happen if someone starts moving individual files or folders from inside the BPAV folder. If you only want to convert/import/transfer/backup/archive SOME of the clips -- then you should use Clip Browser or XDCAM Transfer to be safe.
Old August 29th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Jensen View Post
Vincent,
Just to be clear, I use Adobe Bridge for MOV files. I can't view MP4 files.
For MOV browsing it is great! I really could not get along without it.
OK, thanks for the clarification. I too can see MOV files in Bridge but not the MP4 files.

For SD DVD's I use ClipBrowser to convert the files to AVI and I have no problem with them, in fact the 720p files convert very nicely for SD work.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds