MainConcept watermark? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 4th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

MainConcept watermark?

So I was exporting about 100 shots to .mxf using ClipBrowser and something happened that I have never encountered before. Four of the shots had a MainConcept logo burned in the upper left corner. Fortunately, none of the images were needed.

An email to MC and the cryptic reply said something about Sony using their technology and digging into the registry to remove the MainConcept filter (not something I'd likely try without assurances). Then something about third party software with their demo filter, and sure, he gets it too.

I've not knowingly loaded any MainConcept "filter" onto this computer. At first I thought Premiere was the culprit, but now I'm not so sure.
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 04:09 AM   #2
Trustee

I'd uninstall and reinstall clip browser, it's a free program so you've got nothing to loose.

Paul.
Old March 5th, 2009, 05:23 AM   #3
Regular Crew

its normal to get the MC logo as some of the transcoding filters are only demos from MC
Matt San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 09:42 PM   #4
Major Player

Use "MXF for NLE" choice and it won't be there

I went through this and started a thread somewhere on this issue, and what I found out was that some of the MXF output format choices such as 4:2:2 require the MainConcept MPEG encoder to be installed, which it was on my desktop so everything worked. But my laptop doesn't have the MainConcept MPEG plug-in so I got the watermark. Choose the MXF for NLE and you will have no water mark.

Tip McPartland
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tip McPartland View Post
Choose the MXF for NLE and you will have no water mark.

Tip McPartland
Strange thing is, that's the export option I was using. I'll take Paul's advice and reload ClipBrowser. Had I really needed the shots I would have tried again and probably gotten rid of the watermark, but thought it to be weird. Imagine that, software behaving badly!
Bill Heslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2009, 12:50 AM   #6
Major Player

Yeah, who would've thunk...

Yeah, and from Sony... too. Will wonders never cease!
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds