What is the difference between 720 60p and S&Q set to 60 frames? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 9th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I wonder if Apple Cinema Tools (part of Final Cut Studio) can reflag it as 24fps which would then give you the overcrank look. The individual frames might have issues given the lower data rate per frame. I haven't tried this but I believe I've read others have done this.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:01 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Craig QuickTime will let you know the data rate as it plays back. I would test right now but my machine is on a long render. Once it is done I will test your theory. This was the way I found the XDR Flash data rate. I think there is a way in FC but I can't remember right now.
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Craig QuickTime will let you know the data rate as it plays back.
Yes, once wrapped as MOV. You'll find the playback data rate is always round 35mbps. I've seen some cases of around 30mbps but that had large fields of white.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:38 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Seeman View Post
I wonder if Apple Cinema Tools (part of Final Cut Studio) can reflag it as 24fps which would then give you the overcrank look. The individual frames might have issues given the lower data rate per frame. I haven't tried this but I believe I've read others have done this.
I will have to try that. Thanks for the tip.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:46 AM   #20
Inner Circle

I believe Cinema tools can't handle Long GOP conversions so you may need to render to ProRes. Apparently others have tried that route (720p60 to ProRes to 720p24/60) and it worked. It isn't likely to look as good as true 720p24/60 my guess because you're starting with a lower data rate per frame (going to ProRes can't improve that) though.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds