XDCAM & HDV workflow for SDE at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 9th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XDCAM & HDV workflow for SDE

Hey Folks, I have a question about workflow. I am using the EX3 with the Z7 and editing SDE on a MBP with FCP 6.0.5. What formats should I shoot in and what settings should I use to edit the footage for the fastest results. I don't have too much time as it is in the rendering process so I will only be doing minor color corrections. If anyone could give me a couple of ideas that would be great. Also I'm thinking about playing the from my MBP to a projector so if you have any ideas on how I could do that besides playing it from the timeline that would be great also.
Jason LeFrense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Trustee

Okay........what's SDE? Standard Definition Editing? If so, I would use XDCAM EX Clip Browser to import your clips as Raw DV clips (720x480). It does a great job with this conversion, and there's no watermark. Then, edit your DV format footage as normal.

If you plan on doing this, I would shoot 60i instead of any of the progressive formats.

There might be a way to convert to HDV, but I don't have any experience with that. Sorry....
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm sorry I should have been more clear. SDE is a Same Day Edit, for doing weddings. But any advice would be great since I'm new to the XDCAM workflow.
Jason LeFrense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #4
Sponsor: Electronic Mailbox

Check out Avid Media Composer 3.5 and AMA technology. Lets you edit right off the cards. VERY COOL!

Avid Media Access (AMA)
Avid Media Access provides full native end to end workflow for XDCAM HD and full native support including metadata integration and card/disc support for P2 and XDCAM-HD/EX formats.

Videoguys.com - Avid Media Composer 3.5

GAry

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds