EX3 Upgrade Ver. 1.04: SDHC still works, Thank God at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 10th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #1
Major Player

EX3 Upgrade Ver. 1.04: SDHC still works, Thank God

Hello all....

This morning I got back my Sony EX-3 from the Los Angeles Service center who installed ver. 1.04....and the first thing I did was to insert my Kensington adapter with a Transend 16GB SDHC card....And I am happy to say:

"IT STILL WORKS WITH THE SDHC CARDS AND ADAPTER"......

Before hand, I was afraid that the upgrade would nuke the camera to prevent it from reading and recording from the SDHC cards, but do not worry if you planning on sending in your camera.

Sony even picked up the Fed-EX charge and it came over night AM first delivery.Many thanks to Sony and Steve Gill of the Service Dept.

HTH...
Old March 12th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #2
Major Player

Ditto on that... I was in NJ last week and just dropped off the camera at Sony in Teaneck. They had it ready for me within a few hours. Updated firmware, adjusted backfocus and just generally checked out camera and lens.
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds