Oxborn Session 2009 (Int. Snowboard Competition Sweden) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 12th, 2009, 04:03 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Oxborn Session 2009 (Int. Snowboard Competition Sweden)

My first post =)

Here are a small podcast I did for the Transition magazine from the comp.

This will also be publiced by several more magazines in Europe but Transition has a grace period since they paid for the production.

Oxborn Session is one of the largest snowboard comps in Sweden with invited international riders. This years Nitro snowboards youngblood Anton Bilare stood out as the overall winner. Itīs a sick event since it spannes 2 days and the final in the sunset/night is just a awsome setup aimed for the crowd.
The riders compeat in 4 parts: Style, Technical, highest air and mayhem/crowdpleaser with no break for 1 hours 15 riders just drops in with about 15-20 sec part between them and only winners are proclaimed in the end. The tempo is just awsome in this comp. Dj KidSid was pumping the 4000 people in the crowd to a frenzy.

Oxborn Sessions 2009 on Vimeo

This camera r-o-c-k-s! It really preforms super under low-light conditions. I saw the footage from the other photagrapers that shoot on the HVX and there is just lightyears between the two systems.

PP made from scratch by me.

Btw. SDHC solution works perfekt for snowboard even in higher FPS since the clips are so short!

Sorry for all the slowmotion, but did 5 shoot on five shoots real-time.. somehow most of the realtime shoots were crapy tricks or slams.. but that just gave me something to think about next time. Learn by the misstakes you make.
Christofer Thelin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds