best Mac OS software to keep track of what's on which drive? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 20th, 2009, 05:58 AM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm Hamilton View Post
Is there a good Mac app that will help me keep things organized?
I have (looks on shelf) 37 work drives, (looks in cupboard) 300 odd DVD-ROM and BluRay backup disks, and another whole bunch of disks that are full of random stuff and backups of backups.

What could have been chaos is kept in blissful and serene order by the use of CDfinder:

Catalog all your data on Disks, DVDs, and CDs with CDFinder!

Of course it doesn't just work with CD-ROMs. I have an 'image' of all my disks kept on the internal drive, so I always know if I have a file, and where it is.

It's not like iDive or CatDV, it's just a disk cataloger, but that means I know the whereabouts of more than movies!
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #17
Major Player

Thanks, Matt. I think this is exactly what I need: a cataloger, and just a cataloger. I appreciate all the other suggestions regarding apps that do a lot more than this, and maybe I'll resort to this in the future, but right now, I just want to know what's where.
Cheers, Malcolm
Malcolm Hamilton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds