unknown media and delkin efilm expresscard34 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM   #1
Major Player

unknown media and delkin efilm expresscard34

I was shooting a wedding tonight and one of my delkin adapters took a dump, all of a sudden, I get an unknown media error with it. I have two, one of them works, along with
my Kensington adapters, but this sucks, I like to close the door. Is there anyway to fix it?
Scott Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 01:20 AM   #2
Inner Circle

How do you know it's the card or the adaptor?
You've provided no information that leads me to believe it's the adaptor.
If you'd like to close the door get MxR or Hoodman.
Restore the media on the card. Test if the card works in another adaptor once restored.

No one can offer a "fix" because we have no idea what's broken.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2009, 05:15 AM   #3
Major Player

i know its the adapter because I tried several of my cards with it and all of them come
up as unknown media, even after removing and reinstalling them. oddly enough, it mounts in my macbookpro expresscard slot fine, but the EX1 no longer recognizes it. I will try it again today, but I am ordering two hoodmans. If you search through the forums, you will find people who have had the Delkin card fail.
Old May 24th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Is there anyway to fix it?
Given the price of replacement and the reliability of MxR or Hoodman, why bother try to fix the adaptor? The card is another matter since the media on it may be of value to you.
Delkin and Kennsington were not designed to work with EX. They worked by coincidence proving it was possible, The, M, M, H adaptors where tested and had design changes to meet this specific need.

Sorry but I don't get the need or desire to fix a jury-rigged solution when a real one is $45-$50.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Major Player

craig, your responses come off as condescending and you being a total dick. all of my cards transfered fine, and my data is backed up. I ordered two Hoodman's last night since
I get can get them from a US distributor instead of AUS.
Old May 24th, 2009, 10:27 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
one of my delkin adapters took a dump
Quote:
. . . but this sucks, I like to close the door. Is there anyway to fix it?
Least I remind you of how YOU came off. Although I did not want to comment on your approach. You gave NO INDICATION of how you verified it was the adaptor, not the card and yet you expected someone to suggest a "fix."

You might note that I was the only one who responded (you might ask yourself that) and you continue to use language and attitude on a forum where professionals spend the time assisting each other.

A little self reflection on how to ask for assistance in a public forum might be in order.
Old May 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hayes View Post
I was shooting a wedding tonight and one of my delkin adapters took a dump, all of a sudden, I get an unknown media error with it. I have two, one of them works, along with
my Kensington adapters, but this sucks, I like to close the door. Is there anyway to fix it?
SCOTT I would not trust the Delkins I ordered 15 out of the 15 ... 6 were bad I returned all of them.. and went with the M&R .... M&M and Raw adapter from Hoodman or all the same.
Brian Rhodes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds