Can you do this with the color correction in camera? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 7th, 2009, 12:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Can you do this with the color correction in camera?

I know how to use the color correction menu items to select one color and then alter just that color.

But I was watching a video that featured Robert Primes CSA talking about using the EX3 and in answer to a question about the in camera color correction he said that you can also make everything in an image gray EXCEPT one color.

I couldn't see how to do that in camera. Does anyone know how or did he misspeak?
(I know that this isn't too difficult in post - just trying to know this camera inside out.)

The video to which I refer is well hidden at:

https://vts.inxpo.com/scripts/InXpo....splayItem=NULL

You will have to register, then go to the "convention center" and then to the "XDCAM EX" booth and look for the video content menu in the upper right.

I think this link might bypass all the junk above: XDCAM EX Videos

Robert does a great "self interview", but I was referring to the "intensive XDCAM EX" video.

Why doesn't Sony put these where anyone can find them? I would think that they would be a great sales tool when you have somebody with a body of work like Mr Primes that is so enthusiastic about this line of cameras.

By the way Sony also fixed the videos at:

Sony Business Solutions & Systems - Featured

I know a lot of people had trouble with the videos not playing all the way through. There is some good stuff there too.
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 05:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Yes it can be done.
1. Set your matrix level to -99.
2. Set your Color Correction Target Phase and Width as required.
3. Set your Color Correction Level to 99.
That's it.
Omar Idris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Major Player

That's it!
Thanks Omar!
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #4
Vortex Media

If you find that you need more detailed instructions, and a step-by-step tutorial, Color Correction is covered in my Field Guides.
Vortex Media's XDCAM Field Guides
Doug Jensen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds