Cracking Handle at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 28th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cracking Handle

While out of town on assignment I noticed a small crack forming in the front part of handle, right below the zoom speed switch. I have the Fujinon 18X HD lens with Chrosziel Mattebox mounted to this the camera when shooting. My fear is that this plastic handle is not going to stand up well to the additional weight of the accessories we all put on these cameras. Anyone else noticing this type of premature failure?

Best,
Dave
Dave Nystul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Inner Circle

What rails are you using?
Old June 28th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Major Player

My EX3 weighs in about 14 lbs. with no sign of the handle starting to give out. Not sure which lens you are talking about. Is this an EX Fujinon lens? What does your camera rig weigh in at? The mattebox should be under a couple of pounds with all the jazz on it.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds