Macbook as a monitor for EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 1st, 2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Tourist

Macbook as a monitor for EX1

We have a Z7 and Xdcam Ex1. Earlier we used our macbook as a monitor for Z7.
I know the right audio/video setps and etc for Z7 and having no problem with FCP or imovie HD.

With our new camcorder (EX1) i could set the right settings and could not manage to get a delayed stream from the macbook.

I'm using a XDcam Ex1 and FCP installed macbook pro.

I'm shooting @1080p25 and i have all the up-to-date transfer software programs.

Could anyone help about this please?
Cuneyt Durukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 11:31 PM   #2
Regular Crew

For a FireWire feed to computer (On Location or the Mac program I can't recall the name) you need to be in an SQ mode (HDV res)
Old July 2nd, 2009, 05:41 AM   #3
Sponsor: Westside AV

I do the same thing sometimes using Scopebox as an aid to set up chroma key. Scopebox is a great set of scopes and you can calibrate the output on screen so that it is fairly accurate.

If I use FW out in 25mb/s SQ mode it works fine so I set up screen shot that way and then switch back to 35mb/s HQ mode. You loose the monitoring. But at least you could use scopes to set up shot.

If I need to monitor the entire shoot on Scopebox I use my old AJA IOla and then I can run Scopebox. My Matrox MX02 will also take the HD-SDI/Component/Composite output and make it available in the MBP. You can even capture DVCpro HD directly in the MBP, unfortunately not PROres, MBP is still to slow for that codec.

Mostly I use a Marshal 7" HD monitor. It is a lot more portable and mounts on camera head.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds