National Parks of the Southwest - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 21st, 2009, 08:14 PM   #16
Major Player

Doug, you did a great job putting together the entire piece . . . photography, editing, music, etc. Congratulations. The transitions (cuts & dissolves) were subliminal, which I cannot find fault in.

I've hiked many of the areas in your video, and you brought it to life again . . . many thanks.
Brian Barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 10:52 AM   #17
Major Player

Doug:

I've also been to all those parks...nice job capturing them...especially your choice of using the early/late day low angle sun. Best shot of the whole tape: the low angle silhouette time-lapse with the clouds rushing by...making it feel like the dark cliffs were racing through space. Great effect!

The only transition that didn't totally work for me was the dissolve to the tracking shot of the buzzard, and only because the rapidly moving video was a bit jarring as the dissolve took effect. It stuck out in an otherwise nicely crafted piece.

Good work!
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2009, 07:55 PM   #18
Major Player

Great video, all the shots were good but some of them really seemed to jump off the screen. Nice one!
Old August 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM   #19
Major Player

The pictures are spectacular, what interval speed did you use on the Monument Valley cloud shots?. Sorry I did ask somewhere else but cannot locate it.

Last edited by Bruce Rawlings; August 8th, 2009 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling error
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #20
Vortex Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Rawlings View Post
The pictures are spectacular, what interval speed did you use on the Monument Valley cloud shots?. Sorry I did ask somewhere else but cannot locate it.
Hi Bruce,
Thank you for the compliment.
I set the camera to shoot 1 frame per second. It was a 40+ mph wind and the clouds were racing by. I could barely keep the camera steady and didn't have much time to wait around and shoot a really long timelapse. The dust was blowing like crazy. In fact, I wanted to shoot a massive dust storm coming across the valley behind the camera, but it would have sandblasted me and the lens. I barely got packed up before it over took my postion. I'm still finding red sand in my stuff.
Old August 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #21
Major Player

Thanks for the info Doug. I am planning to hopefully shoot in Monument Valley next year. Your pictures confirm that my EX1 will do the job well.
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds