MxR Cards not mounting on Desktop of NEW MacBook Pro 17"! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 13th, 2009, 05:21 AM   #1
New Boot

MxR Cards not mounting on Desktop of NEW MacBook Pro 17"!

I have just purchased a brand spanking shiny new 2.66 GHz, 350Gb MacBook Pro 17" with OS X 10.5.7.
Everything works like a dream.
I`ve done "Software Update" so all the Apple software, pre-installed, is up to date.
I`ve just loaded the latest EX Clip Browser from Sony-v.2.5, and loaded the SxS Driver into the system too.
My Sony SxS Cards faultlessly mount on the desktop when inserted into the MBP ExpressCard slot.
However, the MxR ExpressCard/16GB SanDisk and 16GB Transcend don`t mount-there`s no icon, nothing!!
Using the USB-ExpressCard Adaptor Cable mounts the MxR Cards fine but my colleagues who also use MxR Cards, say they can use both SxS and MxR Cards in the conveniant MBP ExpressCard Slot.
My MxR Cards have been used for many months in full broadcast production with no problems whatsoever and I can easily, and faultlessly transfer files into my iMac with the USB Adaptor Cable but I would expect that the ExpressCard Slot on the MBP should recognize the MxR Cards as ExpressCards?!!
Is there a way to uninstall the SxS Driver to test if there is a conflict issue?

How frustrating.
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #2
Major Player

can't help other than to say my MxR readers work fine with my Transcend 16gb SDHC cards on my 1 month old MBP 17.
I didn't need to load any drivers to do this.

Have you tried more than one reader?
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I had the same problem. In the end I just reformatted my mac. I installed Final Cut, XDcam Transfer, Clip browser and all the drivers. I ran a system update on everything and the cards mounted.
James Dierx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM   #4
Major Player

you had to reformat your mac???? I thought that was only a win thing??
Ed Kukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #5
New Boot

I don`t think i`ll go that far!
There must be a way to make the Mac recognize and mount the MxR Adaptors.
It is essentially just an ExpressCard after all!

I have tried numerous MxR Adaptors with the same SDHC Cards I`ve been using faultlessly for months with them.

Last edited by Kenneth Sands; August 4th, 2009 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Typing and Spelling mistakes
Kenneth Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth Sands View Post
I don`t think i`ll go that far!
A long shot, but the following seems to have done wonders for a few of us that were having problems upgrading to FCS 'new'. Simply run a 'fix permissions' using disk utility. Yes, it's tantamount to waving a rubber chicken over the hard disk, but then again, I keep a rubber chicken handy just in case.
Old September 1st, 2009, 08:25 AM   #7
Regular Crew

I was having the same problem on my 15" MBP. Just ran verify disk permissions on the MBP's hard drive. Problem solved. Thanks for the help!
Michael Sims is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds