KATA R-106 is a good fit for the EX3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 27th, 2009, 04:37 AM   #1
Regular Crew

KATA R-106 is a good fit for the EX3?

Can anyone confirm that the KATA R-106 is a good fit for the EX3 incl. charger, dismounted shotgun mic, batts, cards etc.

need a backpack urgently and donīt wanna bite a sour apple here

thanks

Kenny
Kenny Cowburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #2
Major Player

I use the Kata 207. It's a really tight fit. I actually hhave taken the mic holder off. I rearly use a mic on the camera. Either a sound man or wireless.
I can take it on planes as hand luggage and that was the most important thing for me. Used to have the 502 and it was too big.
Now I pack 2 batteries, charger, remote zoom, wireless kit and a proper mic, portable hard disk, 15 MacBook pro, headset, a small hdv camera canon hv30 and some tools and cables.
Normally I swap the hdv camera for a nikon zoom lens, but the job tomorrow asks for a small camera. All this I bring on the plane to Paris
Joachim Hoge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Joachim

The Kata 207 fits like a glove, although not too much space for extras....
Kenny Cowburn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds