Video in Beautiful New Jersey! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 11th, 2009, 09:10 AM   #1
Major Player

Video in Beautiful New Jersey!

Really, truly!
I shot this last year for an environmental organization that was holding a fundraising event a few months ago. This is just a 90 second teaser from the 10-minute piece. We shot it with 2 EX-1s (one with a Letus Extreme, one without), and we hired a guy with a camera copter (who had a cheaper Sony HDV camera....which I thought did not look nearly as good).

You can check it out here:
New Jersey IS Beautiful! Benjamin Eckstein
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 02:46 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hello Benjamin. Congrats on a nice video - I hope to be able to put something like that together soon, but for now I'm still learning some of the basics. I got a kick out of your post regarding the helicopter. I do some marketing for my company and I'm just getting into the video world. It looks like the copter used by your pilot is electric powered and somewhat small. Our company makes a much larger heli that can easily lift an EX3 and it's got special landing gear to accomodate a camera. It's an expensive bird, but it's a lot less expensive than the hourly rate for a Long Ranger. ;) I just wanted to show you so you know that such a ship exists. I'm a pretty experienced pilot, so I plan to try it with the new EX3 some day, but flying these machines themselves is challenging - it takes a new level of confidence to fly around with 10K+ of camera gear.

http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=100349
Steve Pond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2009, 06:13 AM   #3
Major Player

Steve,
That's very cool. I think flying these camera copters is a definite specialty and a niche market that those who get into and can do well can be rewarded for. There are certainly a lot of creative possibilities with these heli-cams that are probably not possible on a real helicopter.
Post some of your flight vids as you work with this; I know we'd all love to see them.

Thanks,
Benjamin
Benjamin Eckstein is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds