I need BTteries in Colorado! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 11th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I need BTteries in Colorado!

I am flying to Arizona this weekend from Denver to film at the NASCAR race for a TV show I've been shooting for... The only problem is, I only have 1 U30. We usually shoot in bars or at least at locations I can plug in... So my question is if anyone knows where in Denver I can rent EX1 batts? That or if anyone doesn't need theirs this weekend...? I fly out Saturday morning so I'd need to grab them Friday evening and could have them back Monday eveing...

Any info would be awesome, thanks!
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Major Player

A bit tangential, but have you thought of getting a little inverter you can hook up to a vehicle battery and power the EX charger?

N
Nick Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Not only thought of it but have done it! It works fairly well, however I'll be running around the pits and need to be mobile... Car batteries are far from mobile! I have a battery belt with 4pin XLR that I'd love to use but I don't have the proper tools to build the cable and to buy one and have it shipped here in time would be stupidly expensive... I hope I can figure something out, otherwise I'll have to shoot with a Z1u which is decent enough, but nowhere near the EX1!
Old November 11th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #4
Vortex Media

Vortex Media's products ship from Utah, so it wouldn't be too far to have an EXDC1 cable sent to Colorado or Arizona in time for your event.
Vortex Media: VIDEO & PHOTO Tools and Training
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:50 PM   #5
Regular Crew

That cable is perfect and I will be buying one for my battery belt, however, it'd double the cost to get it anywhere on time. While $65 is still affordable, I'm not doing any favors since they sprung this trip on me last second expecting me to bend at their whim... I'm a little bitter as you can tell!
Old November 11th, 2009, 04:58 PM   #6
Major Player

You have an EX1 and you only own one battery for it? You're gutsier than I am, that's for sure.

I have a U-30 you can borrow (I use V-locks and an adaptor with my EX3), but you'd have to come to Salida to get it. That's 3 hours, each way, from Denver.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks Charles but I'm gonna have to pass, I don't have 6 free hours between now and then, but I really do appreciate it!

I have been looking around a lot lately at all the different options on getting another battery, but since I have always shot on location or in studio I've always just used AC and it wasn't an issue... Now it's biting me in the ass that I didn't jump sooner, but oh well... I recently got a free battery belt that's 12v at 14.4 amp hours so once I grab the 4pin to Sony cable I'm set, but unfortunately there isn't anywhere around here to just buy one!
Old November 11th, 2009, 09:50 PM   #8
Trustee

Why don't you just buy another battery? I bet Telecorp Sales and Leasing in Englewood carries them in stock. It's where I bought my camera and accessories from and they had everything in stock at that time.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions... A friend of mine ended up having his shoot canceled this weekend... Too bad for him, great for me. I'll now have 2 U60s and my U30. As an aside, I have bought one of the Vortex Media 4pin XLR adapter cables with free shipping from B&H, so this should probably never be a problem again!
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds