PMW-EX1r Thoughts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 16th, 2009, 09:57 AM   #1
New Boot

PMW-EX1r Thoughts

This is my first post on this forum...but hopefully the first of many. I purchased an EX1 three days before the EX1r was announced and was fortunate to return it for a full refund. Today B&H posted a street price of $6,299 for the EX1r...up $200 from the EX1. To me this seems like a reasonable price considering the upgraded features.

However, I have been unable to find any reference to the EX1r including the 8GB SxS card that was standard with the EX1. Does anyone know anything on this? Since Sony has been phasing out the 8GB cards, I'm curious if a 16GB card will be included with the EX1r. On the contrary, what if the with announcement of the new cheaper "alternative" cards, they will not include an SxS card at all with the EX1r (which obviously would be real bad).

Any of you knowledgeable people have an opinion on this?
Jarod O'Flaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Major Player

What's in the Box
Sony PMW-EX1R XDCAM EX Full HD Camcorder
Lens Hood
Large Eye Cup
IR Remote Controller
USB Cable
A/V Connecting Cable
Component Video Cable
Shoulder Strap
Operation Manual
XDCAM EX Clip Browsing Software
SxS Device Driver Software
SBP-16 SxS Pro Memory Card
BP-U30 Battery
BC-U1 Charger
1-Year Limited Warranty
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #3
New Boot

Awesome. That's actually pretty big news. Where did you find that? I can't find that on the Sony site or with any retailers.
Jarod O'Flaherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2009, 07:44 PM   #4
Wrangler

Jarod - just look a little more closely on the B&H page that you mentioned. It's on the right side under "Notify when in stock": Sony | PMW-EX1R XDCAM EX Full HD Camcorder | PMW-EX1R | B&H
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds