Anyone tried Sandisk 32GB with Kensington adapters? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 17th, 2009, 07:22 AM   #1
Major Player

Anyone tried Sandisk 32GB with Kensington adapters?

Newegg.com - SanDisk Ultra 32GB Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) Flash Card Model SDSDRH032GA11 - Flash Memory

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:17 PM   #2
Major Player

Yes. First time you try to format the cards in the EX, format fails. Try again and it succeeds. Beyond that, I've had no problems. But since I just got a NanoFlash, I don't anticipate much use for the SDHC cards.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 02:40 PM   #3
Major Player

I have tried three times to format the card and it fails.

NG: Cannot Format
followed by
Media (A) Needs to be Restored

I know several people here have seen this mesage before and from what I understand there is supposed to be a choice to "restore media", but I don't see one. I can't select anything to "restore media" so I assume it just failed to format three times and that's all I can do.

The card they sent has the same part number as the one in the photo, but it does not say "Ultra II" on it. It says "Ultra" at the top written over a red stripe. The package says SDSDRH-032G-A11, but it is not as pictured at the Newegg site.

I checked the Sandisk site and the only part number is the one I just mentioned. So they changed the card I guess.

Don't buy it for use in a Kensington adapter. Maybe it will work in another adapter - not sure.

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Soltz View Post
Yes. First time you try to format the cards in the EX, format fails. Try again and it succeeds. Beyond that, I've had no problems. But since I just got a NanoFlash, I don't anticipate much use for the SDHC cards.
Ned Soltz
Really? I plan to use the SDHC cards as a backup for the Nanoflash. I wish that there was someway to trigger recording of the Nanoflash so that the clips would be the same, though the Nanoflash clips would have the prerecording cache.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:15 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Use the embedded timecode to trigger the NanoFlash and it will go into record when the EX records.
Old November 25th, 2009, 03:06 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Thanks, Alister. Your writeup with example frame grabs and opinion were instrumental in my Nanoflash purchase.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds