Breaking the rules - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 07:35 PM   #16
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Wilson View Post
It therefore seems reasonable that they recall the cameras already sold and upgrade the filter, or as a minimum provide T1 filters.
From the company that charged to upgrade firmware, I doubt very seriously this will happen. And some sources were reporting the IR problem had been fixed in recent EX3 serial numbers, to which owners reported that to be false, so the jury's still out as far as whether the EX1R has truly been purged of this problem, hopefully but I wouldn't count on it until hearing from some owners.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 09:07 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I would say there's more like a 3/4 stop light loss.

I also leave my filter on all the time.

As I mentioned in another thread on this subject, the filter renders the blacks very black, so matters are less muddy at the bottom end of exposure latitude, too.

I'm not too keen to do my correcting of this issue in post. I'd rather get things right before making corrections.
Mark Savage is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds