EX1R first impressions - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 08:11 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Thanks, I had my EX1.I sold and I want to buy in February EX1R.Here you see that picture does not show an IR contamination, is ok :-)
Docea Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #47
Major Player

Peaking:
This isnt your grandfathers peaking :-) On all the CRT peaking monitors/viewers we have used peaking was a super sharpening thing that got sort of grainey sharp when you were in focus.
If you were used to this type of peaking, this isnt the same at all.

This is more like "digital" peaking, it finds sharp contrast areas, and highlights them :-( I dont like it much, if there is no sharp contrast bright type areas, you cant tell if your in focus with this type of peaking. and if there are a lot of sharp contrast areas, it will highlight them even if the pic is a bit soft.

Because it is more based on contrasty areas, and not based on sharpness of focus in all areas, I have no idea what the heck is going on. As the totality of the subject matter, lighting, and things that have different pictures changes, what gets highlighted changes. Perfect for that studio shot, or single sameness stuff. Bad to think your going to depend or use this peaking when the subjects stuff is all different, you will never know where you are at.

So for all of you not familliar with the new wizz bang version of peaking, surprise surprise, another digital revelution that doesnt mimic its analog counterpart.
If your shooting all sorts of different stuff, and depending on this type of peaking to assist you , It will just confuse and befuddle you instead :-) Oh My is it out of focus ?? who knows :-)

Last edited by Marty Welk; January 27th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Marty Welk is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds