EX1R with Azden shotgun mic?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old December 17th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1R with Azden shotgun mic??

Hello,
i am a wedding videographer and i someone made a suggestion to me to put a shotgun to my ex1r.
What is your opinion to this?
Is it something that will add some stars to my audio?

Thanks
Giannis Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:35 AM   #2
New Boot

I've found that a shotgun on camera is better than using the built-in camera mic. Especially when you need to capture people talking. I've recorded people in noisy rooms at parties and industrial venues and the shotgun mic picks up peoples interviews very clearly. Of course you need to be as close as possible to them to get the best sound.

If I'm at an event where I want ambient music or someone is on a loudspeaker I'll unplug the shotgun mic and let the built in camera take over. Good luck!
Tony Newman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds