Press Kit Intro Video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Major Player

Press Kit Intro Video

Here's a short video I shot for inclusion on a DVD that is part of my wife's Press Kit. We thought that we should have some sort of introduction to her instrument (The Hang) since it is somewhat unusual. I still have a few more cut-in shots to get before it will be complete, and I'm not sure about letting the music run out at the end...

Janet Spahr: Hang

When it's done I'll post it on our YouTube channel in 1080.
Kevin Spahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:26 AM   #2
Trustee

Nicely shot video and excellent lighting. I love the pan into the scene, what tripod/crane are you using?

The hang does look unusual, must take another look at our Wok and put a few dents in it :-)

Seriously, as a viewer I would have liked more information on the instrument rather than your wife doing her sell. The clip shouldn't run for too long, the message should be delivered within the first 45 seconds.

Well done.
Old January 12th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks

That was the first time I used my homemade jib with my EX3. I still need some more practice with it.

This is just one small part of the kit she sends out for prospective jobs, so selling is the point. The four page brochure that holds the DVD has a short article about the origins of the Hang and the DVD also contains a in-depth PDF for those who really want all the details. We wanted this to be more of an introduction to her... selling. ; )

btw: There was a really nice documentary done about the Hang a couple years ago by Thibaut Castan in France. Although I have seen it, it seems to be unavailable except as a gift from the Hang makers. It was called "Hang une révolution discréte"
Old January 12th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #4
Major Player

The 1080 version is on YouTube at:

YouTube - Janet Spahr: Hang

The video got her some free publicity already, the local TV news is coming over tomorrow to do a segment on her...
Old March 10th, 2010, 06:02 PM   #5
New Boot

Great looking video. I especially liked the camera move in the very beginning with the title in there! I had a hard time hearing her talk in parts though.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds