EX1 Wireless Broadcast at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 6th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1 Wireless Broadcast

Hello all

Does anyone know if it is possible to send a feed from an EX1 wirelessly to be recorded off site. Also does anyone know the signal range? I have absolutely no experience when it comes to camera wireless feeds. I am aware that it can be done with more higher end cameras.

Cheers
Gavin Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Major Player

i have used 2 different "consumer" SD wireless video transmission devices, and both were completly useless.
the first one didnt make it past 5 minutes out of the box, and i returned it.
the Better one worked good at home when locked down and antennas were aimed, and the distance was low. good enough to transfer a video player thing to a tv in another room, after a carefull setup/alignment.

got to the location with it, and the humans started showing up, and the humans blocked the signal (wow didnt think of that). so i took it to the next stage, ran a Wire to the transmitter to one doorway, and stuck it UP in the air, then the wireless part only had to jump 10 Feet to the other side of the hall, where the reciever is also up above the humans, then running the wire from there. The only thing saved at that point was no wire for the 10 feet of the hall. Then Finnaly it barly worked. I survived with it at that job, but the picture wasnt wonderfull. it was just for display.

after that experience running the full length wire was a piece of cake.

the next level up, which i havent tried, got pretty good reviews, untill anything was moving, or the signal would be blocked. about $200-500 nice quality SD transmitters in aluminum boxes with higher outputs.

the next level up and HD
IDX | CW-5HD Cam-Wave HD Video Wireless Transmissi | CW-5HD
has me very happily running a wire :-)
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #3
Major Player

IDX make a good one but it is not cheap - available from AbelCine a sponsor $5k

Last edited by Bruce Rawlings; January 7th, 2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Found more info
Bruce Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Post deleted. Didn't fully read OP's post. Doh!
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info guys.

I'll look more into this IDX Wireless transmitter.

Just out of interest does IDX make decent receivers and recording devices?
Gavin Rawlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 06:04 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I have use the idx wireless system, although the signal is rock solid no matter how you move , the range is useless, you can barly get a hundred feet from the reciever before the signal phases out, for a unit that cost $5000 the range it too short

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds