audio levels - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 21st, 2010, 10:10 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Barkley View Post
Dave, I'm never persnickative about my audio levels and I always get great sound. I'm currently producing a documentary where I've interviewes almost 80 people . . and ALL of the audio is crystal clear . . of course my Schoep's CS4 mic has been a huge part of my sharp audio. Proper audio levels are fine, but they do not necessarily assure good audio.
You've mentioned that Schoeps CS4 mic before but I have still not been able to find it in any of the catalogs. What exactly is it? I'd love to have a mic that I never have to worry about setting proper levels. ;-)

Quote:
Some of the worse audio you will hear is on the cable channels ... CNBC, CNN, FOX, etc. because they use limiters, automatic leve controls, and EQ . . and they end up with this monotone sound with no life in the voices whatsoever. My audio is 100 times better than these huge networks with their millions.
Wow....just....wow.

dave
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds