EX1 Video Out Right Angle Plug? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 20th, 2010, 01:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1 Video Out Right Angle Plug?

Alright, so I dunno which awesome engineer thought it was a good idea to put the video outputs right behind where you hold the camera so it mashed against your palm if you try to monitor out while going handheld. However, this seems like this problem could be eliminated with using a 90-degree angled plug opposed to the stock ones that point straight out. A quick search on Google found me nothing so I'm wondering if anyone here has ever found anything like this? Currently I'm in need of a Composite cable with the 90, but eventually would like to get a component one as well...

Anyways, anyone know if this exists or where to get one? If not, I just gave away a million dollar idea, all EX1 users would have some kind of use for this! DYI crowds, lets see it!

Thanks for any help!
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 03:42 PM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

You can buy 90º BNC fittings in most cable supply houses.
The proprietary Sony Component out would be hard to get, probably don't exist.

If You are willing to possible trash a cable. You could try to slowly heat up the cable with a hot air gun and then bend the cable carefully when hot.

Be careful I would do a continuity test on the cable (do this to map pinouts before and then check it is the same with out shorts after bending) before attaching it to the camera so you don't short something out.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiram Yates View Post
Alright, so I dunno which awesome engineer thought it was a good idea to put the video outputs right behind where you hold the camera so it mashed against your palm if you try to monitor out while going handheld. However, this seems like this problem could be eliminated with using a 90-degree angled plug opposed to the stock ones that point straight out. A quick search on Google found me nothing so I'm wondering if anyone here has ever found anything like this? Currently I'm in need of a Composite cable with the 90, but eventually would like to get a component one as well...

Anyways, anyone know if this exists or where to get one? If not, I just gave away a million dollar idea, all EX1 users would have some kind of use for this! DYI crowds, lets see it!

Thanks for any help!
Would any of these work for you ?

RCA Adapter Female to Male Right Angle 90 Degree Connector (Gold)

RCA Right Angle Adapter Female to Male Gold Plate 90 Degree Single

BNC 90 Degree Angle Adapter Jack-Plug Coax Coaxial Audio Video Network BNC Cable Connector

John
John Peterson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds