another ex3's cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old January 27th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #1
Major Player

another ex3's cards

I have a shoot coming up, and am using 2 ex3's. When the shoot is done, can I put the other cameras cards into my camera when I am transferring them to my computer? or will it ask to format the card? I am asking because my desktop doesn't have an express card slot, and I don't have the USB card reader, I just use my camera.

thanks!
Ian Planchon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Trustee

It shouldn't care which camera the cards were shot on but if they don't mount you might want to try the other camera. I have heard of stranger things but I wouldn't expect this to be one of those times.
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Sponsor: Westside AV

As long as the firmware is the same on both cameras it is probably OK. Even if not it may still be OK.

Someone here may know for sure.

Otherwise there is only one way to find out. Shoot a few shots with the one that is not yours when loading clips later, then pop that card in the other, if it plays in the camera you will be using to load the computer, then you are OK.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Planchon View Post
I don't have the USB card reader, I just use my camera.

thanks!
USB card readers are so cheap and easy to use, if in doubt get one.
Old January 28th, 2010, 03:03 AM   #5
Major Player

+1 for above.

I think you should just buy yourself an express card reader, simple, no wear and tear on the camera and much faster. You don't need a Sony one, just buy a cheaper version if price is an issue.
Damian Heffernan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds