Interesting Picture: I am out of business... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 11th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #16
Regular Crew

There's also the mindset of the customer... a client shelling out several throusand dollars for a shoot, doesnt want to see anybody showing up with a camera looking like the one he used at his kids birthday party. In my experience, clients don't keep up with production technology, and hence if they are dishing out big bucks, they want to see a big cam.

I have a 7d, and the image is fabulous. But as somebody already mentioned, it doesnt have zebra, peaking, and those other features that i have come to rely on in a video camera.
James W. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #17
Major Player

I'd like to have something with a monster sized image sensor just for extreme low light but other than that. I like me EX3 just fine.
Old February 15th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Welk View Post
what DSLR has a 3 chip system for color?
Mine does. :) The EX-3 with the Redrock 35 mm adapter.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #19
Trustee

Since it's a daylight shot, I'm wondering why a 1D instead of a 7D? Is it because it is more robust (if it is) or because the longer battery? because it's heavier than the 7D, which could be a disadvantage since the actor must hold i himself.
Because in terms of image quality the only advantage of the 1D is low light performance which doesn't count during a day shot.

Thanks.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Papert View Post
There is for some reason a perception that the lower-end cameras have no place on sets that can afford the high-end; nothing could be farther from the truth. I've done a few days on NCIS:LA and saw that DP Victor Hammer (like many other TV DP's including Rodney Charters) is quite enamored of the possibilities of alternative imaging systems like the DSLRS and Flip-type cameras for multiple angles and specialty rigging where you couldn't get the primary cameras, on that show the Arri D21.
By the way, NCIS: LA is a Arri D21 show? I didn't know that. IMDB says Genesis but they have been wrong way too many times.
One thing I noticed on the show is that the skins are very pasty looking and things sometimes look almost out of focus and kind of hazy all the time as if they used a lot of smoke. It may be just the grading though.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:31 AM   #21
Wrangler

Huh, now I'm questioning myself--I bounce back and forth between Genesis and D21 a lot these days, I might have gotten confused...
Old February 18th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #22
Trustee

Nonetheless the show is good. I like it better than the original.
Michael Maier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds