EX Clip Browser, ShotPut Pro, or HD Log ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 13th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #1
Major Player

EX Clip Browser, ShotPut Pro, or HD Log ?

From what I have read ShotPut Pro (Imagine Products) and XDCam EX Clip Browser (MainConcept) do much the same job however ShotPut Pro is cheaper and also seems to offer various forms of on-line assistance unlike MainConcept.

Clip Browser is about the same price as HD Log (Bronze edition). HD Log (Bronze Edition) includes ShotPut Pro but has the added facility of being able to log all your footage. It can also handle formats other than EX.

On paper HD Log Bronze edition sounds like the way to go. Any comments would be very welcome.
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Major Player

Is XDCAM EX Clip Browser not free download from Sony website?
Old February 14th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #3
Major Player

Hi Zsolt,

The download of Clip Browser is free. It is a trial copy without a time limit, but if you use it, your clips are printed with the MainConcept logo. If you do not want the logo you pay a license fee and which enables you to use it without the logo.

The first few trials of my trial download bore the logo but now the logo does not appear even though I have not yet paid the fee. There are other aspects about the program that do not work the way I thought they should. Because MainConcept do not seem very communicative I have started to investigate Imagine Products offerings. They have several products but it is hard to sort out the differences between them. Only the pricing is clear.

I am hoping someone can enlighten me about ShotPut Pro and Log HD (Bronze Edition).
Alastair Traill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 06:08 PM   #4
Inner Circle

What are you talking about?

Clip Browser is not a free trial. Use the "Export for NLE" option like all of us do and it works just like it's supposed to. The only things that are trials, are the various Mainconcept codecs that you can also use out of Clipbrowser. If you want to use varied codecs, do that in Mpeg Streamclip which is free.

What is it you're trying to accomplish? Maybe if you clue us in to that, we could actually offer some assistance.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds