New EX3 Strong Plate, Shoulder Brace, and NanoFlash Arm etc. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM   #1
Sponsor: Westside AV

New EX3 Strong Plate, Shoulder Brace, and NanoFlash Arm etc.

Here are some shots of my new plate system for the EX3. These shots are before anodizing and they have my VCT-14 tripod plate on the plate bottom. It also has the optional wing and shoulder brace attached.

The shoulder brace is quickly removable. It is well balanced like a full size cam if you stick a big battery in the back. There is lots of room for NanoFlash receivers etc..

One of the things I like about it is it sits flat on a table and fits in my runbag (Portabrace Smuggler) w/o disassembly.

The vertical part of the Shoulder brace has lots of holes for NanoFlash or whatever, if you don't want the "wing", and will accept lots of different battery plates, so you can power camera, NanoFlash and an on camera light or a monitor. You can still reach all the jacks and use a Sony or Swit battery in the EX3's battery slot.

Just the 2 piece plate will cost $150.00 and will be shipping by the end of February (not including VCT-14 tripod adapter). The wing and arms are the same parts I use for the EX1 system.

I am still finalizing the shoulder brace. It will probably cost $75.00.

I would appreciate any comments.

You can comment here or contact me:
olof@westsideav.com

And check my website for more news, I will be updating it with the new products for the EX3 this week:
Stronger Tripod Plates . NanoFlash Brackets . Sliders by Westside A V
Attached Thumbnails
New EX3 Strong Plate, Shoulder Brace, and NanoFlash Arm etc.-_mg_6001.jpg   New EX3 Strong Plate, Shoulder Brace, and NanoFlash Arm etc.-_mg_6000.jpg  

New EX3 Strong Plate, Shoulder Brace, and NanoFlash Arm etc.-_mg_6004.jpg   New EX3 Strong Plate, Shoulder Brace, and NanoFlash Arm etc.-_mg_6005.jpg  

New EX3 Strong Plate, Shoulder Brace, and NanoFlash Arm etc.-_mg_6008.jpg  
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Major Player

There is a lot to like about this Olof... The meaty connector to the VCT-14 plate, the holes on the bottom plate appear to be more functionally complete than other plates I have used/seen for the EX3, side mount & connecting knob for the nanoflash is good, throwing the battery out back is an excellent idea, both the weight of the nano & the battery will balance out the camera a lot for handheld work.

For those who will be in the market for this, you may wish to tell them the package price or list out the prices for the various components. Also a photo illustrating the HD-SDI cabling might help sell the unit... I would consider mounting the nano upside down with this configuration for practical reasons.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds