8 things i really need to know about Clip Browser? Windows PC - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Don't know how this works in the EX-1r or even if it's different. But in the case I'm describing, the down convert is being done by the PDW-F75. The input it's receiving is a previously recorded file from an EX1 played back via HD-SDI. Take the same SxS put it in the computer and output to DV. Just not as good. I'm certain that another dedicated down converter might be able to do the same job for less $$$. The thing is, I'd been thinking that the soft DV was an inherent limitation of the the format. Nope. inherent limitation of the software.
And to the topic, can anyone describe how one makes and and then exports separate subclips? I'm sure I'm just being thick but I can't find it.
Marc Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 08:27 PM   #17
Major Player

select a specific clip you wish to trim/copy.
Mark an IN point on the preview window, play the video or scan it or whatever and get to your out point, mark an OUT point on the preview window for the file.
RIGHT CLICK the clip(s) itself that you have IN-OUT points set on, Select NEW CLIP from In/Out.

unfortunatly i dont see a EXPORT in/out only, but i dont even know if i want/need to use this thing at all.

if your on a MAC i cant help, interface differances

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds