Trouble getting clips from XDCAM EX1 SXS Reader into CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 1st, 2010, 05:21 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Trouble getting clips from XDCAM EX1 SXS Reader into CS4

Hi,

I am having troubles with importing clips from Sony SXS reader to my APPro CS4. I was wondering if anyone could please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

I have transferred all clips from Sony SXS reader(INPUT Files: .XML/.MP4 format) to Output Files ((.MXF format = .MPEGHD format) using clip browser s/ware to the desktop. So it's in the harddrive. So then I tried to grab the files(with file extension .MPEGHD to the Project window of CS4. Then it says under "XML Files" that "File import failure and the file format not supported.

I hope u all will explain things like to a amature, as I am not familier with this type of file conversion.

Hope u all will explain in simple english language. Ur help is much appreciated. Thx.

Pushpa(e-Mail: nathapushpa@gmail.com)
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:48 AM   #2
Major Player

No need to transfer files to MXF ... just drag files from memory card directly to computer hard drive folder, and presto you're set to go. Then importing to Premiere is fast and simple.

You might consider Vista 64 bit.
Brian Barkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Regular Crew

No answer to your question but a small hint:

I do not convert to mxf. I use clip browser 2.6 on Windows XP SP3 and just copy the clips from SxS-flash to local drives. In CS4 I can open the .mp4-files in the folders and use it nativly. It's that simple!

@Brian
Forget Vista ;)
I use Win 7 64bit on a small Subnetbook and it works great with Clip Browser an EX1 files.
Markus Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hi All

Thank all for ur input for my query.

The problem I wanted to isolate was:

I am very new to CS4 as well to Sony PMW EX1 and an amurture videographer. I have started video by using Panasonic 3CCD, MX 300 using Adobe PPro1.5. I did not have any problems what so ever on that system.

But I am really having problems with my Sony XDCAM EX1 and Adobe PremPro CS4. I have recorded video on PAL/HQ/1080i/25fps both on Camera and set at CS4. but when I play on CS4 monitor or project window I got jerky video for few seconds and freeze the video completely while audio playing without any problem up to the end of the clip.

Same problem I found when I installed AdobePPro version 1.5.

When I play those clips on my TV(Panasonic Plasma 50") I could not see any problems at all. Both audio and video played ok on TV. This is thru Sony SXS card reader thru Sony PMW EX1 camera.

I have copied all the clips from SXS card to the Desktop also and could see the same problem.

My PC is a Dell Dimension 8400, 2.8GHz, 2 DDR2 RAM, 1TB HDD space. purchased in 2005.

Do u know what sort of things I can try now ?? or suggest... Ur help is much appreciated.

Thx
Pushpa de Silva
Brisbane
OZ
e-Mail: nathapushpa@gmail.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds