EX1R 1920 24p ingests but crashes in seq? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 2nd, 2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Major Player

EX1R 1920 24p ingests but crashes in seq?

Hi

MAC PRO 3.0 8GB RAM, latest FCP, latest Snow leopard...Got a Pro Res HQ 23.98 seq, used log and Transfer in FCP 7 to import EX1R 1920x1080 24p footage, imported OK, but in the browser when I use thumbnail view and I scroll up or down the browser, FCP crashes...so I hide Thumbnail view and I can scroll up/down no problem...but either way when I add a clip (shot EX1R at 24p) and try to play or scroll through timeline, beach ball madness then crash.

Been like this for an hour, no way to add shots to my timeline without crashing...anyone with this experience...what should I do?

btw - when I shot 30p and edited on a 30p timeline, no problems - just 24p...thoughts?

Thanks

K
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM   #2
Major Player

OK, what I did was re try the whole thing this time using XDcam transfer and NOT FCP 7 and it worked...I would've thought it would be the opposite but it worked...so case closed
Kent Beeson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds