Where to buy LCD viewfinder for EX-1, just like the EX3? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 18th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #1
Major Player

Where to buy LCD viewfinder for EX-1, just like the EX3?

im in the market for a ex1 or ex1r very very soon...

where could i find a lcd viewfinder for the ex1 or where could i get an ex3 viewfinder for the ex1?

also would my 3" magentic viewfinder from "lcdvf" work?

thanks
Corey Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Benoit View Post
im in the market for a ex1 or ex1r very very soon...

where could i find a lcd viewfinder for the ex1 or where could i get an ex3 viewfinder for the ex1?

also would my 3" magentic viewfinder from "lcdvf" work?

thanks
I don't think you can beat this for the EX1 - I use mine indoors and out and have found it invaluable: HOODMAN EX1 KIT-Hoodman Corporation

Last edited by Barry J. Weckesser; March 19th, 2010 at 08:56 AM.
Barry J. Weckesser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I second Barry - the Hoodman loupe has its shortcomings, but generally I never use my EX1's LCD without it any more!

What's most important, this device enables me to use my EX1 in many various rig combinations - including the RedRock shoulder mount with their mattebox, or Olof Ekbergh's excellent "small" shoulder pad (with nanoFlash mount).
Old March 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #4
Major Player

I love my Hoodman on my EX1.

Just shot 2 days with it in bright sunlight outside in the snow for some ski commercials.

I would have never been able to check critical focus without it.
Old March 19th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I bought the Hood Loupe before the Hoodman was out, and it filled a void in the market wonderfully. Definitely, buy the Hoodman even at about twice the price. The Hood Loupe sock saved a few shoots, but it has major drawbacks such as buckling (obscures LCD), pain to mount/unmount often, falls apart, fine dust from sock coats LCD every session, and foremost, it need constant fiddling during mobile shooting. My brother took the Hood Loupe parts, found a car ashtray replacement at a hardware store and made the AshTrayLoupe. That worked better.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Trustee

I bought that Sock loupe first and was impressed until I tried to use it on a job and its just not solid enough.
The Hoodman version though is terrific after they made the adjustments to adapt it properly to the EX-1.
The optics are good, it fits well and its quick and easy to remove. Plus the price is right. And don't think there is any competition.
Buy it!

BTW- I got a small "i-cuff" to make it work better with my glasses and had to adapt it a bit to fit but I do think it helps the fit where you snug up your eye. I had to cut some sewn threads to get it fit but it didn't damage anything.
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds