Using Sony EX1r baseplate with Sony EX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old March 22nd, 2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Using Sony EX1r baseplate with Sony EX1

hey so I have 2 Sony EX1s and the bottom piece that connects with the tripod baseplate keeps breaking. I was wondering if any of you have the new EX1r and an older EX1 and can see if I can just order the bottom part and place it in the camera - or if the bottom of the Sony EX1r is different in design from the EX1.

thanks!
Ed
Ed David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 03:51 PM   #2
Trustee

Can I suggest you really need to get yourself the EX1 Tripod Plate from here: EX1 Tripod plate

I'm pretty certain that the two different design plates from Sony for the EX1 and EX3s are not interchangeable. Aside from that the new design doesn't really solve the fundamental problem. The plate is only held onto the camera by 4 tiny screws. The plate designed by Olof is the only solution
Bob Grant is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds