New PMW-350K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 21st, 2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Major Player

New PMW-350K

I finally took delivery of my brand new PMW-350K camera. Great to have a shoulder mounting camera again. I have one minor issue that I would like some help with please.

The viewfinder cable has a choke assembly directly under the viewfinder, just a few mm from the connector. Although the cable is quite rigid, the weight of the choke tend to droop the cable enough to interfere with getting my left hand around to use the zoom rocker whilst the camera is on the tripod. I did try velcro but it was not strong enough due to lack of surface area.

Do you have the same trouble? Otherwise, thus far, all is well for the first couple of hours with the camera.

I will be taking delivery of ZA lens, but it is an order from Japan, so it might be a few weeks yet.

Thanks
Old April 21st, 2010, 03:55 PM   #2
Trustee

I understand the problem, but use it with the Libec ZC-9EX zoom controller when on the tripod. Not really much help. I was noting that the choke could potentially drag on the zoom ring gear.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Tom.

the choke thankfully does not touch the lens but it is most annoying and a fairly unfortunate oversight. Hoping to overcome it once the ZA arrives so I will see what temporary fix I can come up with.

Cheers

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds