EX3 Attenuator at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 24th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

EX3 Attenuator

Hi everyone,

Quick question, does the EX3 have an attenuator? Can't seem to find any info on one so I guess not. We've used a few bits of sound equipment and they've been picking up a lot of background sound that we use to cut out using the attenuator (our last cam was an XL2). Any alternative choices?

Thanks

Ry
Ryan D.G. Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

if you need to use an external attenator companies like PROCO offer them. I have a -10db, and IIRC they also offer a -20, and one that is adjustable to -10, -20 or -30. Not too expensive either. Other companies also offer them. You might try a store where they sell musical intruments if you can't find one at your favorite audio video house.
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes! Check the menus as seen in the viewfinder, under audio. Plainly visible. There is attenuation for both Mic 1 and Mic 2 inputs. My inline attenuators are sitting in a drawer.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds