pmw-ex1 rec button on grip doesn't work at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 26th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #1
New Boot

pmw-ex1 rec button on grip doesn't work

this is probably a real dumb question, but yesterday, all of a sudden the record button on my pmw-ex1 grip (i'm talking about the grip/handle on the right hand side) stopped working... it's been a while since i worked with it (been working with the 5d), and it's probably just a setting or a switch somewhere, but i can't recall what it could be... the other rec button (on the top grip) works fine, all the other functions on the handle work fine as well...

thanks in advance,

richard
Richard Van der Vieren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Sponsor: Westside AV

I could be wrong, but I don't know of a way to turn that record button off.

I have an EX1R and an EX3 though.

If there has been a prolonged period of on use. It may simply be some corrosion on the contacts.

Try pushing on the button hard (within reason) and do so many times, kind of mushing it around a little. It may "loosen" up this way.

Was it humid where you stored the camera?
Old June 27th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #3
Regular Crew

..I had once (on my EX3) a defective button on the grip ..... I got a new lens (grip/button) from Sony after one first attempt from Sony service to fix the button..... off course in the EX1 you don´t have separate lens....

good luck
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #4
New Boot

thanks guys... decided to remove the rubber button and put it back on, and now it's working again! thanks for the replies!
Richard Van der Vieren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds