Clip Getting Hung Up in Browser and XDCAM Transfer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 17th, 2010, 08:48 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Clip Getting Hung Up in Browser and XDCAM Transfer

Hi, I shot some content this past past week on the EX3 using SDHC cards. All of the data is pulling in fine both in XDCAM EX Clip Browser and XDCAM Transfer except for 1 clip. (Of course this one clip happens to be an interview sound byte that we need.)

Every time Transfer or Browser gets to this clip from the original media source it gets the rainbow wheel of death and I have to Force Quit the application. The footage is on the media and looks amazing and plays back just fine in Browser so I need to figure out how to pull it off.

Here is what I have found out that could be the only thing creating some sort of problem:

This clip in particular that is causing the freeze breaks the numerical order of the other clips on the media source. Meaning that the source media SDHC card starts with clip 955_7720_01 and goes in order numerically until clip 955_7726_01 Then the clip that cause the error begins a new numerical sequence at 955_7768_01 and keeps going numerically until the end of the card.

Basically the first chunk of clips were recorded at one part of the day. Then the card slot was either switched at some point or a new card was put in, then this card with the error clip was either put back in later or switched back to the slot and the clips picked up again numerically where it left off.

This shouldn't be a problem to retrieve I don't think because the media is on there, but I'm just looking for some sort of work around solution to pull this clip. Sorry if this is long winded and I hope it makes sense. Please let me know if there is anything I can try.

Thanks!
Kellen Dengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2010, 10:39 AM   #2
Inner Circle

It sounds like some odd issue with the metadata.

Now for the unorhtodox solution. Copy the .mp4 of this clip by had to the desktop of your computer.
In ClipBrowser 2.12 use the Import function to import the orphaned .mp4. Create a folder for it and drop it in the folder using the ClipBrowser interface. It should create a new BPAV for it. That should then be usable by XDCAM Transfer.
Craig Seeman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds