Hoodman SxS adapter and SDHC cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old July 27th, 2010, 10:09 AM   #1
Major Player

Hoodman SxS adapter and SDHC cards

I know this item has been discussed before, but would like to get to know about recent experiences. I purchased 2 Hoodman SxS adapters a few months ago, with 3 Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDHC cards. However, each of the three cards in combination with each of the two adapters gives a media error after some time of filming (Restore Media). Does anyone currently have the same experience or better experiences with other have brands SDHC cards in combination with the hoodman adapter?
Cees van Kempen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cees van Kempen View Post
I know this item has been discussed before, but would like to get to know about recent experiences. I purchased 2 Hoodman SxS adapters a few months ago, with 3 Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDHC cards. However, each of the three cards in combination with each of the two adapters gives a media error after some time of filming (Restore Media). Does anyone currently have the same experience or better experiences with other have brands SDHC cards in combination with the hoodman adapter?
Are you running the latest firmware on the camera? It does make a big difference and is highly recommended.
Old July 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #3
Major Player

hello...

Also, you must use class 6 or class 10 rated cards.....my EX3 has the new firm ware update, and it likes class 6 cards, but I like using class 10. I have had real good luck with both Transcend (class 6) and with Patriot LX (class 10) series cards.

HTH
Old July 27th, 2010, 02:19 PM   #4
Major Player

I have some 16 and 32 GB Hoodman cards and adapters, which I use in my EX3 with the most recent firmware update. No problems at all, even with extended overcranking.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds