Downsize MP4s for editing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 21st, 2010, 11:06 PM   #1
Major Player

Downsize MP4s for editing

Is there a batch way of downsizing XDCAM MP4 files into something easier to deal with in the NLE (Premiere CS5 in my case)? Ideally, I'd like to import my footage onto a local drive and then run the batch program and turn my 3GB files into 30MB files...
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

if you have adobe premier odds are you probably have adobe media encoder which is a great batch encoding program and has a slew of codecs to choose from which should easily help you get your file sizes down
Hiram Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2010, 11:10 PM   #3
Major Player

Oh yeah... That's like wearing your glasses on your face and searching all over the house for them! I will give that a try and report back.
Lloyd Ubshura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:57 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Ubshura View Post
Is there a batch way of downsizing XDCAM MP4 files into something easier to deal with in the NLE (Premiere CS5 in my case)? Ideally, I'd like to import my footage onto a local drive and then run the batch program and turn my 3GB files into 30MB files...
Hi Lloyd,

I'm not sure why you want to do this? The mp4 files are supported directly in Premiere CS4&5. You'll retain best quality too if you dont transcode.

If you want to convert to say, MXF, you can do this as a batch from the Sony ClipBrowser app.

Is this what you mean or do you want to produce 'proxy' type files so you can show the footage to a customer etc???

Paul
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:31 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Ubshura View Post
Oh yeah... That's like wearing your glasses on your face and searching all over the house for them! I will give that a try and report back.
Hahaha, did that with a pencil once: searching for the pencil I had in my right hand (which is not a logical place to keep a pencil when one is left-handed).

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds