EX1-Metadata? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old November 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

EX1-Metadata?

Hey everybody!

i wonder if settings like aperture, gain, shutter, PP, ND are saved in the metadata of my footage?
If so, how can i see that?

thank!
Thomas Nibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 11:55 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Yes, they are. Open the shots in the XDCam Clip Browser, and you will see it all.

I don't see PP, however focus distance, shutter speed/angle, apeture, gamma setting, white balance, gain, ND.. are all there.
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM   #3
Major Player

Yes it sure is. If you use XDCAM EX Clip Browser. Bring up the clip by doubleclicking on it so it shows in the viewer. Along the bottom half of the viewer clip on the 5th of the 6 folder tabs, the "Acquisition" tab and you will see all the XML data from the shoot for that particular frame. If you play it, the data will change in real time including your iris setting and zoom length. It doesn't show your picture profile but it does show the gamma and gain setting.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

i only got 3 tabs: General, AV Format and Related Infos ?!

my version of clip browser is "Version 2.00.00 (209.409)"
Thomas Nibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:05 PM   #5
Major Player

Make sure you have clicked the "Animation View" in the Acquisition folder tab window. The info is much easier to interpret at a moment's glance.
Andrew Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM   #6
Regular Crew

sweeeet, i had an older version installed, thats why i didn't see the Acquisition-Tab - just downloaded 2.6 now it works perfectly thanks a lot!!
Thomas Nibler is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds