PP Settings for Lower Noise & Greenscreen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM   #1
Trustee

PP Settings for Lower Noise & Greenscreen

I just bought a nanoFlash and will use it with a greenscreen quite a bit. After some testing with my EX3 set at -3db and 280Mb I-frame, I found quite a lot of noise which makes keying with Keylight (AE CS5) a bit more difficult than I had hoped in that too much fine detail along the edges is getting cut. I find the noise creating quite a lot of varying green splotches; so, I am trying to find the best PP settings to remove the noise and make keying easier and better. So far, I have tried only 56k as I read about there being more noise in the blue channel so 56k helps (I'm using 56k lamps in Diva 401s and Barfly 200s). I am using the waveform in a Panny BT-LH1710W to get an even illumination behind a person sitting and composed from waist up. I have tried 12 various Matrix and gamma settings and they all seem very close to one another in noise levels. Everything else has been left at 0 in the PP settings.

I want lower noise and don't mind loosing a bit of resolution as the video will end up as SD broadcast and SD web.

Another thought is to use something like Neat Image to reduce the noise and then make the key but that will add time to the process; so, I would like to dial in the PP settings first.

Thanks
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 04:42 PM   #2
Major Player

could you post a full res snapshot so we can see exactly what your dealing with?
Tom Bostick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds