EX1R & EX3 End User Rebate at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 3rd, 2011, 10:55 AM   #1
Sponsor: TapeWorks Texas

EX1R & EX3 End User Rebate

Sony is pleased to announce an end user mail-in rebate on the PMW-EX1R and PMW-EX3. From February 1, 2011 through March 31, 2011 end users who purchase a PMW-EX1R or PMW-EX3 are eligible to receive a mail-in cash rebate from Sony. Eligible models must be ordered from an authorized reseller or directly from Sony and shipped to end user customer within the promotion period to be eligible for rebate. For check delivery, please allow 8-10 weeks following postmark of properly completed submission.

Receive a $300.00 rebate by mail following purchase of a Sony PMW-EX1R XDCAM EX Full HD Memory Camcorder.

Receive a $500.00 rebate by mail following purchase of a Sony PMW-EX3 XDCAM EX Semi-shoulder Mount Camcorder.

Please contact your local Sony XDCAM EX Authorized Reseller or contact Tapeworks Texas Inc toll free 866-827-3489 and speak to one of our professional representatives for additional information and for a customized quotation to meet your application.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Tapeworks Texas Inc - DVinfo Sponser
sales@tapeworkstexas.com
Scott Cantrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:17 PM   #2
Sponsor: EC Pro Video Inc.

Scott, you beat me to it.

Also this is the link to ALL OF SONY's Rebates / Promos: Current Promotions

We currently have both PMW-EX1R and PMW-EX3 in-stock.

PMW-EX1R Handheld
PMW-EX3 Semi Shoulder

Contact our sales team for more information.

Currently PMW-EX1R and PMW-EX3 still comes with a 16GB SBP-16 SxS Card in the box.
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #3
Major Player

Mr Chan,

I was unable to find a price without signing up for your website, is that normal ??
Don Parrish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I also hear that the ex5 will be annouced shortly....possibly at NAB in April. Sony is probably offering these discounts to get rid of old stock etc.

Dano
Dano Motley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #5
Major Player

Where have you seen a reference to an EX-5 in the works?
Bill Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #6
Sponsor: EC Pro Video Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Parrish View Post
Mr Chan,

I was unable to find a price without signing up for your website, is that normal ??
Hi Don,

Yes that is normal, we do not show prices on our website.
- When you register, you add items to your cart and submit the list for our sales team and engineers to review and get back to you with a price quote.
- Registering also enters you in our prize drawings, special offers, etc.
- You can also call in or email us at sales@ecprovideo.com, we operate Mon-Fri. 9:30-6:00PM Eastern time.

The current price for PMW-EX3 ($8,320.00) and PMW-EX1R (6,299.00) must be sold at that price by all Authorized Dealers.

We are also running our own specials too with a purchase of a camcorder. Contact us for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano Motley View Post
I also hear that the ex5 will be annouced shortly....possibly at NAB in April. Sony is probably offering these discounts to get rid of old stock etc.

Dano
I'm not aware of any new EX camcorder being announced during NAB. But I remember Sony always running similar specials during or near NAB time.

Currently the PMW-EX3 and PMW-EX1R will come with a Free 16GB SxS card in the box, until the supply of SBP-16 SxS cards are depleted.

Last edited by Junior Chan; February 6th, 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Junior Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Space Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano Motley View Post

Dano
What? Where'd you hear this?
Glen Vandermolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #8
Inner Circle

IIRC this is the same rumor that came around last about this time. I think there was a thread of 60 or more posts about the next new Sony camera, appropriately named the "EX5"

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds