Dark Spot on the lens of EX1 Camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old February 11th, 2011, 07:52 AM   #1
Tourist

Dark Spot on the lens of EX1 Camera

Hi guys,

We just purchase an EX1 as a secondary camera. Overall we have been very happy with it, but the other day I noticed that when shooting a skyline, there was a small dark spot in the upper right hand corner of the image. When I zoom in it moves out of the image, which leads me to believe that the spot is on the lens. I have tried cleaning the lens several times, but the spot does not go away. Does this mean that the dirt may be on the inside of the lens or on the CMOS sensor?

Has anyone experienced this?
Teri Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Major Player

I had the same issue when I first got my EX1. There were several bits of junk inside the camera which only showed up when stopping down the lens and pointing it toward open skies. I sent it to Sony and they replaced the lens.
Dave Morrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #3
Tourist

We have decided to send it to the Sony Service Center in NJ. It should be covered under Warranty.
Teri Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I think i have this coming upper left, very tiny tho.

How much does it cost to fix as i brought my camera used

Thanks
Ollie Walton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds