PAL / NTSC / Toast ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old April 10th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #1
Major Player

PAL / NTSC / Toast ?

Hi people, if I am shooting in pal land and need to out put the finalbdvd as NTSC, I have had a issue with the light flicker here, so I have tried a few different setting , 720p/30 , shutter 1/100 and 1/60 still get the issue. So I am going to dobthe next one at 720/50p 1/50 and convert ti to 720/30p , now my question is do I set a a ntsc fcp time line and drop the pal footage in , letting fop do the conversion, or do it all in pal, export a QT movie (pal current settings) then burn it as a NTSC DVD in toast, letting toast do the conversion. ..?. Any help would be good, thanks , Rob.

HD101/G5 Mac/4gig Ram/1TB HDD/30" Cinema Display/FCP.
Robert Bale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2011, 10:18 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: PAL / NTSC / Toast ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you working with HDTV material, not Standard Definition?

If so, then I don't see how NTSC or PAL play any role in this. Do you plan on down-converting your 720p material to SD and then burning it to DVD (as opposed to Bluray)?
Adam Palomer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds