Sony LED light hvl-lbpa shoe mount at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony LED light hvl-lbpa shoe mount

Does anybody know where can I buy replacement shoe mount for this light?
Thanks in advance.
Marius Boruch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 05:16 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Sony LED light hvl-lbpa shoe mount

Marius, I'm confused. Do you need to mount the light on some other connector?
Or is the present shoe broken?

If the former you'll need to advise what the other connector is; if the latter I think you'll have to return it to Sony for repair.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #3
Major Player

I am sorry for the confusion. The present shoe (the end piece) is broken;
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:23 AM   #4
Trustee

Marius, I think the extent to which you can make a repair will depend on a) your engineering ability and b) the availability of the parts.

For instance, if it's the actual flange that slides into the shoe that's broken you can buy good quality metal flanges with a 1/4 BSW screw shank which might do the job, but it's impossible to be more certain unless one had really good photos or possibly the piece in one's hands.

Do you know someone local who's clever with small engineering jobs?
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Major Player

one of the flange on lamp is broken; I am looking for that bottom piece with 4 screws to replace it. any idea where can I find it so it would fit that Sony light? [btw. it was "engineering marvel" by Sony to make plastic not metal - this was $500 light]
Old June 5th, 2011, 12:26 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I knew Sony charges like $100 just to replace that part. It was made with plastic and will break in another few months. Luckily, our Comer light uses the same shoe that fits. We have both the plastic shoe or metal shoe you can buy from us. And they fit the Sony light.

Replacement Shoe Adapter for Comer CM-1800 Series | L.A. Color Online
Metal Replacement Shoe Adapter for Comer 1800 | L.A. Color Online
Old June 5th, 2011, 07:35 PM   #7
Trustee

Thanks for jumping in there Taky.

Marius, I'm familiar with some of the less brilliant Sony engineering - one we suffered from were the flanges which are used to secure the eyepiece on the body/handle of the Z1. The flanges are metal but fixed (lightly) to the plastic.

We were working overseas and the desk in my room was cluttered. Our camera was on the floor beside the desk (to be sure we didn't knock it off inadvertently!) and a box of five DV cassettes fell from the desk. It completely wrecked the joint and cost us £200 for a Sony repair. I know modern plastics are remarkable - (aren't they building the next Boeing airliner out of it?) but sometimes they also ask too much of it.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds