Corporate Video Shot with EX-3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 14th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Corporate Video Shot with EX-3

Here is a new corporate video I made,
I used Sony EX-3 during the shoot,
and GoPro Hero HD for the special angles.

YouTube - ‪Lev Dies corporate video‬‏

Enjoy!

Arbel.
Arbel Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Corporate Video Shot with EX-3

Very nice.
Liked the little bit where the tech drawing morphed into the finished article.
Simple... yet very effective.
Old June 19th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Well, the client found an error in one of the titles, so I had to remove the video,
and make the corrections.

here is the new link:

YouTube - ‪Lev Dies corporate video‬‏

Arbel.
Old August 5th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #4
Trustee

Arbel, you've made a very sophisticated programme with lots of visual delights. I assume your brief was to make an international programme that could be easily converted to different languages.

May I comment, I hope not too harshly, and possibly constructively, on some other aspects?

Overall I felt it was a programme which conveyed the same message any company working in that sector at that level would have been happy to have represent them. In other words it gave the senior management a nice warm feeling but didn't present any sound or conclusive USPs. It might have been made for the company which made the tooling as much as for the company that uses it.

I wonder if the Marketing Manager or Sales Director wouldn't have preferred a programme which, alongside all the wonderful imagery you've produced, also showed real customers, really satisfied, examples of excellence produced by the company, some reference to cost and value, ie we all want Rolls Royce quality but few of us get in at Ford prices etc etc..

I recall making a series of programmes 18 years ago for Marconi, a leading UK computer firm concerning their System X telephone exchanges. At the urging of senior management we had lots of pretty imagery of surface mount solder baths and computer controlled bard assembly, but the really effective programmes in my view were one we made for the Marketing Department and one which showed the manufacture - still by hand of the wiring looms. Row upon row of ladies in a grubby factory in Northern Ireland threading thin wire around nails hammered into a wooden board, almost 19th Century in its simplicity.

The Marketing programme was called the Hot Slide. It addressed the situation where a System X exchange replaced an old mechanical (Strowger) exchange housed in a small rural building with no space for the new exchange to be installed alongside the old one. Basically the company assembled and built the new exchange on a wheeled frame and installed it in a standard sea container.

In its container it was placed alongside the old building and engineers wired the new exchange in parallel with the old one. Early one Sunday morning the new exchange went live and the engineers uninstalled the old exchange, removing without haste the old equipment whilst the subscribers used the new exchange in its container.

Once the old building was empty, a suitable whole was knocked out at one end and the new exchange, still working, was wheeled into the newly empty space - hence the term, Hot Slide. The brickies rebuilt the wall and the sea container was returned to the leasing company. Because it showed many benefits of the new exchange and how the company's ingenuity and skill had extended to the installation of the exchange not merely the clever design it was a really compelling programme.

Of course, all this would have been nothing had the company not convinced itself it needed more than pretty pictures; had it not the programme would still be an idea.
Philip Howells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the input philip!

Well, to make a long story very short, here in Israel the budget
we get from clients for these kind of projects is, at best,
what you would call an insult.
The producing company, in this case my studio, has to make the choice
between good copy writing, good script and dolly or crane in the shooting.
In this case it's quite obvious what was the call...
This piece is no more than a group of good shots edited together.
The client is very happy.
we didn't lose money.

Bottom line.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds