remote commander at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old June 29th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #1
Regular Crew

remote commander

I've never used the remote commander. Have read reviews it doesn't work. Thus, to save frustration here is my question. I want to be able to record self help videos with myself as the instructor and not having to rely on anyone else. I would like to sit in a chair with the remote commander in my hand, and not visible, and operate the camera from about ten feet away. Is this possible or should I forget it?
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: remote commander

The remote works - just remember to turn on IR Remote Support in the menu, and check to make sure that your battery works and is installed properly.
I seldom use it to do much more than trigger the camera, though one of my friends uses it to start timecode rolling on more than one EX1 simultaneously (using it to control the menu of more than one camera at the same time) to achieve a sort of 'ad hoc jam sync' between cameras that don't otherwise sync time codes.
Of course line-of-sight from remote to camera is highly recommended
Dave Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks a lot.
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Major Player

the remote is odd in that you have to turn it on in the menu every time you turn your camera on.
Automatically resets itself to off.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds