Rewrap XDCAM MOVs back to MP4 files? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old August 6th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Rewrap XDCAM MOVs back to MP4 files?

Howdy...

I have a bunch of XDCAM EX MOV files from Macs that I'd like to Re-Wrap back to MP4 files without transcoding, so I can use them on Windows without using the QuickTime plugin.

Anyone know how this can be done? Ideally in a batch workflow?

Thanks!

Best,

Ben
Ben Freedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Rewrap XDCAM MOVs back to MP4 files?

Convergent Design makes an application that converts XDCAM MOV's to XDCAM MXF files. It's a free app so you could give that a try.

Here's a link to their downlaod page:

Downloads | Convergent Design | Professional Video Recorders and Converters

Food luck,
Garrett
Old August 6th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for that. Found a free solution that does a similar job, although it wraps to MXF, not MP4. Still, Premiere in Windows recognizes it just fine:

1. Aug 6, 2011 6:55 PM in response to: BenFreedman
From Colin Brougham:

Fo' sho' you can... well, not back to MP4. I haven't figure that one out, but I've got a solution to rewrap them as MXF that makes them work just fine on a Windows machine (Premiere Pro, anyhow) without any purchased software:

Download this file:xdcamfix.zip
Extract the EXE and BAT files in the same folder as the MOVs.
Double-click the BAT file.
Profit.

Any problems, let me know... but so far, two satisfied customers can't be wrong.
Ben Freedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 09:13 PM   #4
Inner Circle

You can do it with XDCAM browser or Clip Browser by using the Import function to import the MOV's back into a BPAV folder as MP4's, re-creating the correct file structure. Tedious as you can only do one clip at a time but it works.

We can't say this enough on these boards: ALWAYS back up the BPAV folder. It is your master and the only thing that is really cross platform compatible.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds