MxR + Lexar 128GB Professional 133x SDXC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds

Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds
Sony PXW-Z280, Z190, X180 etc. (going back to EX3 & EX1) recording to SxS flash memory.

Old September 6th, 2011, 10:54 AM   #1
Trustee

MxR + Lexar 128GB Professional 133x SDXC

Hey all,

Just got an EX1R and have been searching around for the best SxS alternatives. I ordered two MXR Extreme adapters and am a bit confused as to what cards to buy for them.

The tested memory cards on their site are all over the place in terms of specs. It would be nice to use SDXC to access bigger cards, and the Lexar looks great at 128Gigs.

Anyone have experience with this, or other SDXC cards? I searched the forums, but there's not much there because they're new, I guess.

Thanks!
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Sponsor: eFilms (MxR)

Re: MxR + Lexar 128GB Professional 133x SDXC

Hi Vito,

You can select any SDHC/SDXC/UHS memory card for use with the MxR Extreme. As long as the memory card is Class 10 or above, and you have the latest firmware installed on your camera you are good to go.

One of the more popular choices has been the Sandisk Extreme - UHS 16GB and 32GB. These cards have proved to be very reliable in the field.

Other products have reported problems with this memory card which is probably due to the selection of the incorrect chipset for the adapter.
Old September 7th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: MxR + Lexar 128GB Professional 133x SDXC

Thanks a million, Ross. I can't wait till your adapters arrive and I can start shooting away!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony XDCAM EX Pro Handhelds